November 16, 2013
|November 16, 2013||Posted by Steve Rea under||
Sound Bytes – Your Computer User Group of the Air!
A weekly radio show with news, interviews, opinions (lots of opinions!), and phone calls.
Sound Bytes America’s Longest Running Computer Call-in Radio Show.
- Steve – Rochester, NY – switched from iPhone to Android phone – trying to get access to iTunes
- Bill – Rochester, NY – hard drive won’t boot – did a reinstall, fixed it for a whiile, now it’s back
- Victor – Chili, NY – Echo Nest from Boston – measuring who is listening to what kind of music
- Tom – Rochester, NY – Windows 8.1 – can’t create second mail account
- Linda – Greece, NY – iTouch 4Gen – worked great – on the 5, when adds stuff, puts everything from computer on – can’t select specific things – haven’t use desktop in 6 mo – should I update antivirus?
- Bill – Irondequoit, NY iPhone 5 iOS7 – only saves a hundred recent calls
- Michael – Hangout – I have Amazon unbox on my windows 7 machine. Is there a way to stream them to my big screen TV using my chromecast?
- Jim – Churchville, NY – Dell desktop – runs very slow – W7 –
- Scott – Buffalo, NY – backup – Time Machine and a Gdrive – added 7G within the last month, and taking forever to back up
- Larry – Rochester, NY – Tried to update iCloud for iMac, iPhone, & iPad to keep calendar up to date – now can’t update calendars over USB – tried over air, calendar sat on desktop for 36 hours saying it was updating things – then it wiped everything else out – if he CAN get iCloud to work, is everything living there, and you’re simply access it?
- George – Greece, NY – want new computer – some laptops offer touchscreen – what’s the life expectancy of touchscreens?