January 10, 2015
|January 10, 2015||Posted by Steve Rea under||
Sound Bytes: Your Computer User Group of the Air!
A weekly radio show with news, interviews, opinions (lots of opinions!), and phone calls.
Sound Bytes: America’s Longest Running Computer Call-in Radio Show.
- Larry – Rochester, NY – Mac did normal virus check – Norton – had found a worm – possibly in quarantine – ran AV again, came back w/ no viruses detected
- Nick – Rochester, NY – Toshiba laptop – Win7 64bit home premium HP printer 2009 – trying to install it – OS not supported
- Fred – Brighton, NY – avast from AVG – after scan, “some files could not be scanned” – also runs CrashPlan – all are in subdirectory
- Peter – Pittsburg, PA – laptop died – want to replace – laptop or desktop w/ tablet? | build own?
- Joe – Fairport, NY – computer scams –
- Mark – Greece, NY – re: drivers – noticed if bought printer, disc says “will download” | if looking for Bluetooth speaker – $30 Jambox BT speaker – great!!!
- Mike – Ocala, FL – bought my book on Chromebooks | will run Win10 on older laptop?
- Roger – Irondequoit, NY – re: MS fake tech support – also happening to Time-Warner | driver booster 2 – searches machine & periphs, tells you all about your drivers
- Thomas – Greece, NY – re: viruses
- James – Rochester, NY – when open Chrome, make it go to his home page? | can make list of favorites