December 13, 2014
|December 13, 2014||Posted by Steve Rea under||
Sound Bytes: Your Computer User Group of the Air!
A weekly radio show with news, interviews, opinions (lots of opinions!), and phone calls.
Sound Bytes: America’s Longest Running Computer Call-in Radio Show.
- Andy – Rochester, NY – avast! vs. Lookout | PDF writer | bought a Chromebook
- Tony – Rochester, NY – wants iPod Touch – new one coming out? | What kind of defensive software would you put on an Android?
- Dave – Canandaigua, NY – re: moving laptop to virtual environment w/ VirtualBox – did it – got converter from Oracle’s Web site | fixing up that old laptop to give to nephew – ran Restore, and updated it
- Tim – Webster, NY – CutePDF – loves it | family members w/ landline phones – have TWC, but do not want to use them – alternatives?
- Jason – Altoona, PA – re: Andy – Office 365 | re: Android “iPod” – Boost Mobile phones can be bought off eBay – don’t activate it | XP – no fixes for latest flaws
- Joe – Cheektowaga, NY – re: Tim – Obihai’s OBI110 or IPkall.com (incoming only) | ATA – analog telephone adapter | CallCentric – free numbers, but $1.50/mo for e911
- Fred – Brighton, NY – re: last week – did restore w/ CrashPlan – clicked on all the files
- Gary – Rochester, NY – any reputable services that come to the home? | has Frontier – signed up for Frontier Security – talked to support person – they want to install their security software – wanted to dump the Tango
- Marty – Bristol, NY – installing Linux Mint – bought Dell Inspiron – having issues w/ install
- Jolene – Brockport, NY – iCloud, iPhone, Macbook – has only 16G in iPhone – run out of space – if delete photos, they’ll also be deleted from iCloud
- Chuck – Penfield, NY – XP – upgraded to Win7 – in a lab, tied to XP PC, what do they do when they upgrade?