Windows 8

Home Forums Windows Windows 8

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gmd3006 3 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Slammer
    Participant

I have tried to keep an open mind and not pile on the almost universal disgust for W8… well, its time, I hate it with the heat of a 1000 suns. God what a pile of garbage. Drivers are sparse at best and without a touch screen its just this side of useless. Now I’ve gone to war trying unsuccessfully to upgrade to 8.1.

This just needs to go away.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Slammer.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Slammer.

Christian
    Participant

Slammer
    Participant

I actually bought a copy of 8 just to check it out… I use 7 in my important machines. Finally got it to take the jump to 8.1 What a hassle and hardly worth the struggle. There must be a ton of bugs in it: the ‘net’ shows lots of struggles like mine.

OK, the new, uh, ‘start’ button??? Not so much! Just another faux Metro interface, back to the tiles… more of the same, don’t bother. Lets all just wait til’ the next release of Windows and toss this one on top of ME in the OS garbage heap.

gmd3006
    Participant

I have win 7 at work & win 8.0 at home that MS forced to upgrade to 8.1.
    I really can’t figure out what all the hullaballoo is against Win 8.x! No, I don’t have a touch screen. When I boot up, I just click on the Desktop tile, and it brings up a desktop just like Win 7 / XP had. Is clicking one tile so God-awful tough?

I’ve seen people’s screens who have hundreds of icons on the desktop. Win 8 gives a way to organize them and put them into titled frames. That’s way more organized, and available at the touch of the Windows key that now has a purpose on the keyboard!

I don’t like the “Metro” interface for programs much, but who cares – just bring up the desktop and it looks like all the prior versions!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.