Win 10 anyone?

Home Forums Windows Win 10 anyone?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gmd3006 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

HotDawg
    Participant

Anyone play with the trial versions of Windows 10? I did download it, and installed it in VirtualBox, but really haven’t done much with it.

Big problem I have (and I’m no expert with it) is getting a big enough window on the screen.

gmd3006
    Participant

I’m happy with Win 8., thank you.

When I felt like being a guinea pig & working out strange bugs & hunting all over creation for compatible software, I installed Ubuntu Linux on my old PC!

HotDawg
    Participant

Good show on the Ubuntu! That will give you a great operating system to play with, and learn a lot of things. I found one of the great packages to download for it is ‘synaptics’ and that will expose you to all the software that is in the repositories. Just don’t let it get too far behind on releases, if you plan to do upgrades.

I still run Win 7 as my MS OS of choice, altho I do have Win 9 up here. (And inside that, the Win 7 beta.) And just yesterday I got a nice small thing that came with ‘Windows 8.1 with Bing’ on it. (Can you believe Microsoft is almost giving that OS away?) I think I will try and keep that from all the fixes for the ills of Win 8 and maybe see if I can get to tolerate it.

gmd3006
    Participant

Unfortunately, one of the Ubuntu upgrades crashed the computer, so now only the XP partition is bootable any more! Haven’t had time to download & try to install a fresh copy.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  gmd3006.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.