Web app for Chromebook…

Home Forums Android/Google Web app for Chromebook…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Slammer 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Slammer
    Participant

Howdy folks, Santa brought me a Chromebook for Christmas. I want to administer my websites with it… the choices appear to be VERY limited. What are ‘you’ using?

I’d like to build offline and upload to my host server.

Wordpress appears to be about the only game in town but the install looks like a pig and not really Chrome friendly.

Let me know what you think…

• This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Slammer. Reason: Spelling
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Slammer
    Participant

Thanks for tip, I’ll check them out. Meanwhile, I got a chance to play around with my CB. Now, With just a click and password I can log onto my server at work and build from there. Beautiful!

Being that this is my first Chrome Book, it took me a while to realize that they are Gateways to places of creativity and not necessarily a standalone system for such.

The only thing I have found unnerving is how ALL of my information, and anonymity (passwords etc.) is/are no longer local but stashed away in the ether. You find that out the second you log onto your g-mail address. A double edge sword if ever there was one. I’m sure the data is as secure as humanly possible, but like PayPal, it has to be an irresistible target for bad guys.

Great show last Saturday, I re-up during the spring… Since I have your ear, what works best? Donate to the website or to the station? I know you were quite discouraged over the fall.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Slammer. Reason: Spelling
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Slammer.
    Christian
    Christian
    Participant

I’m sure the data is as secure as humanly possible, but like PayPal, it has to be an irresistible target for bad guys

That’s an important point. A cloud service might follow better security practices than the average home user, but popular web services are certainly going to be singled out for attacks while a home user taking modest precautions is far safer.

Slammer
    Participant

Its true that most PC’s are horribly neglected. And your point is well taken about security practices. I’m the go to ‘computer guy’ in my circles, some of the things I’ve seen are nearly beyond comprehension. Knowing just enough to be dangerous, I still find the whole Google thing somewhat unnerving. I like it and I don’t, all at the same time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.