Vista Business edition

Home Forums Windows Vista Business edition

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HotDawg 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

boxkicker
    Participant

I bought a used rebuilt Dell computer that had Windows Vista Business. I have been trying to download ITunes and it keeps telling me I don’t have administrator access. Didn’t have this problem with my other machine that had Vista home edition. Is there a simple fix?

Racerbob
    Participant

Are you in fact logged in as an administrator on that machine ?

boxkicker
    Participant

Only thing I see is consumer.

HotDawg
    Participant

Whatever you do to start your iTunes download, if you right-click on that you probably have in the drop-down menu a “run as administrator”.

Sort of a pain to do that every time, but is safer maybe than creating yourself a user account with administrator privileges. But you do have an account that has administrator privileges, which you could also log in under. I guess that is generally not recommended for every-day use.

Another approach would be to create a shortcut to whatever you use (unless you already have one) for the downloads and under the properties for that shortcut (again, right click on it) you can set it to run as administrator.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.