Transplanting programs from Win 7 to Win 8.1

Home Forums Windows Transplanting programs from Win 7 to Win 8.1

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  smileeb 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

HotDawg
    Participant

I currently dual boot with Win 7 being the OS of choice, but one other OS is Win 8.1. Gradually I am becoming less uncomfortable with Win 8.1.

But, there are a couple programs that I really use on the Win 7 side that aren’t there, at least in their standard legacy form, in 8.1. I play a couple simple games, Solitaire, and FreeCell quite a bit when I have the Win 7 running. Great for passing away a few minutes while other things are churning away.

As far as I’ve been able to find, neither of these games are available in 8.1 in their old look. Yes, I know, I can suck down from the Apps store some game packages that may have things by the same names — but they truly aren’t the nice simple games that have been supplied with Windows from far, far back. Can anyone remember when Solitaire wasn’t a standard part of Windows?

So, the basic question here, is how do I get those two games migrated over to the Win 8.1 operation?

smileeb
    Participant
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.