Time Warner Service and other stuff…..

Home Forums The Show Discussion Time Warner Service and other stuff…..

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Christian Christian 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Racerbob
    Participant

Been listening intently to today’s multiple calls on internet service and more specifically, Time Warner internet service.

Yes. to the caller that is seeing way sub par download speeds on his 30/5 service. Get a new modem ! And also, do not be afraid to call Time Warner support if you still see poor download and/or upload speeds. I subscribe to the 30/5 Extreme internet speed level and I speed test all the time at speeds that are within 10% of the rated speed at all times of the day and I usually see speed that is 10% higher. My most recent speed test 15 minutes ago showed me 33.07 mbps down and 5.76 mbps upload testing at their site connecting to a server in NY City.

The $8 a month charge for the modem is ludicrous ! It is basically a money grab to keep the investors happy. There is a new sports fee and other increases also. I just helped my parents (who are in their 80’s ) set up a purchased modem for their internet service so that their TW phone service would go through the TW modem and their would be no $8 a month charge on their bill. I chose a Zoom modem that I found at Walmart for $69.95. I had a splitter here at home and a couple short lengths of coax and now my parents are all set. Internet through one and the phone on another.

Greenlight is what we want and need ! Are you listening Greenlight ? Please come to West Webster !

gmd3006
    Participant

You gotta be a thorn under your ISP’s saddle! I called Frontier to complain about my DSL, and they sent out a tech to tune up my line. Nothin’ personal, but you gotta call the ISP who can do something about it, not some radio show!

The tech revealed that Frontier is on the way with Fiber Optic service to replace DSL. Portland Or is first on the list, then some other market areas whose reliability is not as good as ROC’s, then ROC. Will they be faster than Greenlight?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  gmd3006.

Racerbob
    Participant

I do not believe that Frontier will string fiber all around Rochester. I just don’t see them doing it.

gmd3006
    Participant

Time Warner did; why not Frontier?

Check back here in 5 years.

Racerbob
    Participant

Time Warner did not string fiber. LOL Where ? Verizon has stopped stringing fiber because of the expense. I have been with Time Warner for a long time. I have no fiber running from the pole to my house and there is no fiber belonging to TW anywhere nearby.

gmd3006
    Participant

A few years back they claimed they were converting their network to all digital. Made it seem, anyway, that it was fiber based…

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

Good. I hate those old analog IP networks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.