Tell me about laptops and video

Home Forums Hardware Tell me about laptops and video

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rev 2 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Rev 2
    Participant

I don’t have a laptop. Well, I do but it’s on my pedalboard, it’s mission critical, and I don’t want it to be too promiscuous. It’s gonna stay where it is.

If I were to take a thumb drive containing an mp4 video to a meeting, to play on whatever they have there, which would probably be a laptop….

Can I reasonably expect that the F5 key toggles the video output on the laptop like it did on the laptops where I used to work, or is that a feature that was unique to them? It’s really gauche to have the audience look at your desktop and watch you groping around in it to find the player and find the file and start them up and hope that everything works. The ritual is inevitable but I don’t need to display it.

Thanks

Rev

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

Rev 2
    Participant

Holy Cannoli !!

Thanks, but wow. This is definitely a function that needs to be standardized somehow. I can’t believe that it is so diverse, unless people really are slobs and don’t ever use it.

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

How about finding the file and opening the video before connecting to the external display?

Rev 2
    Participant

That sounds like a good idea. A bit clumsier than just whacking a button, and smoothness is all-important when you’re doing a presentation.

I would have to check and make sure that the video setup works in the first place but I could do that with a picture of a cute kitten or something….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.