Sync Mail

Home Forums Macintosh Sync Mail

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DaveT 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DaveT
    Participant

Before the site moved, Steve gave me a complete answer regarding syncing mail between an iPad and iMac. I assumed I could go back and view the response, but if they are here, I don’t know where. I’m hopeful Steve will respond again.

I think the answer was that you canNOT sync mail between devices if TWC is your ISP because they only support POP accounts? If you want to sync, you must use a gmail account, forward the @rochester.rr.com mail to gmail [which I know you can do], and set up the gmail account as IMAP. Is that the essence of the answer?

Any hope that TWC will provide IMAP? It seems like not doing that in today’s climate is, well – stupid. But that’s not the first stupid thing TWC did!

Does frontiernet offer IMAP for their email?

Steve Rea
    Steve Rea
    Keymaster

Frontier does have IMAP, but they recently switched to Yahoo as their back end e-mail provider.

We’ve seen that it works better on the iOS devices to tell it you are setting up a Yahoo account, and enter your Frontier credentials.

You then get Push Notifications from Yahoo on the device.

DaveT
    Participant

Thanks Steve.

I assume that my summary regarding TWC/POP only was correct since you didn’t comment?

I asked about Frontier as a friend with a new MacBook + iPad uses them; I will pass the info along.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  DaveT.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  DaveT.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.