Rovo Call Blocking

Home Forums The Show Discussion Rovo Call Blocking

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Warren 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Dan Warren
    Participant

Couple of weeks ago Nick talked about blocking Robo calls by put the tones for an unassigned number at the beginning of the voice mail message.
    This was on the Today show a couple of weeks ago. Web site is nomorrobo.com. If you have simulring on your phone system, this will intercept calls and if the number is in their database, disconnect after 1 ring.
    I signed up this week.

Racerbob
    Participant

Thank you Dan.

Here is the correct address:

http://www.nomorobo.com/

As a side note, I have been using a free app on my Android phone called Mr. Number. Check it out !

http://mrnumber.com/

Edit: Just found out that my cell phone company (AT&T) and Google Voice (which I also use) are both not supported by Nomorobo.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by  Racerbob.

Christian
    Participant

Christian
    Participant

If you’re using Google Voice, I believe you can blacklist specific callers without needing any additional software.

Racerbob
    Participant

Correct you are Christian. I have done that and still will. LOL. When the blocked callers call me they get the phone out of service message.

Christian
    Participant

I’m not sure if it’s clear from the video but that’s a machine talking to the caller. I have my own version which talks to and records the callers. Certain numbers go straight to the machine without even ringing once. It might cost me slightly more in phone bills but it’s amusing and it wastes more of their time.

Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Actually, I just downloaded the Out of Service tone from the Internet and put it at the beginning of the “We’re not home” message.

Dan Warren
    Participant

How do you do that, Nick?
    As a follow up to my first post on this topic, after over 2 weeks nomorobo has worked perfectly. Since you do get 1 or 2 rings on your phone before it is disconnected, you can plug the number into google and see if it was spam or not. So far, every one it has disconnected has been spam and not 1 legit call has been stopped.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.