Open Office or Libreoffice on Mac

Home Forums Macintosh Open Office or Libreoffice on Mac

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ray 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ray
    Participant

I apologize for the many posts but learning the Mac is becoming an obsession of sorts.

So the machine we have came with Open Office. So for documents and spreadhsheets it works fine for what we need

For some reason the database portion will not work.

So I tried to download LibreOffice

seems it downloaded, but trying to open makes it go into a long verify mode and it sits and does not complete

Not sure why the Open Office will not work for database try as I may…

So again, looking for ideas.

Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Did you install it, or are you still trying to unpack the downloaded file? I’m afraid I didn’t understand that from your post.

Ray
    Participant

Sorry for confusion

Trying to unpack it

It is there as a dmg file? Looks like a little dick drive icon where I try to then load to applications

Then trying to unpack it goes through a verifying time and then stops and never completes

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Ray.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Ray.
    Steve Rea
    Steve Rea
    Keymaster

The verify stage is a security check to be sure the installer is signed by a known developer.
    Try downloading it again, and see if it works.
    The download will be a Disk Image (.dmg) that you need to open, and then drag the LibreOffice app into the Application folder.

Ray
    Participant

Hello again. Well I got the Libre office to finally install. However, for some reason the database portion is not there.

There is no choice for it in Libre office and I do have a couple of Access bases in mdb format on the machine

However there is no option for it. I have the spreadsheet and docs and a math and etc, but no database.

While the OpenOffice suffices for what we need, I was trying Libre to have the database function for the few things we do have.

Not a showstopper but still….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.