Net Neutrality

Home Forums The Show Discussion Net Neutrality

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Christian Christian 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Rev 2
    Participant

I was listening to the show a couple weeks ago when you were talking about Net Neutrality. Meanwhile, the people on the Web who are posting their opposition to Mr Pai are so seethingly hateful and obscene that whatever they’re against, I’m for. I’m just not gonna be on their side. I don’t care what they hate so much. If they hate cancer, I’m for it. All the way.

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

You might find this interesting. It’s a more rational overview of the net neutrality debate, written by a law professor (spoiler: he opposes it).

I agree with you though, and the heated rhetoric isn’t just from individuals. The big content providers and social networks are campaigning heavily for net neutrality because, let’s face it, they stand the most to gain financially. A while back someone used the phrase “Digitally Assured Destruction” to describe the “enemy of my enemy is my friend” concept applied to net neutrality. While the phrase (and accompanying video) is hyperbole, the fact that Google, Facebook, Twitter and others are busy transforming the internet into a small handful of tightly controlled social networks, where hatefulness is fine as long as it’s directed towards the right people, and dissenting opinions are suppressed, I see their support of net neutrality as another reason to oppose it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.