Is a Forum feature broken?

Home Forums The Show Discussion Is a Forum feature broken?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  HotDawg 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

HotDawg
    Participant

When a person posts a message in the forum there is a check box for being notified by email when there are any replies. That has worked for me in the past.

Since the Soundbytes web site was moved to the new server, that feature isn’t working for me anymore. It does remember from one visit to the next that I have the box checked.

I checked my profile, and my email address is still shown there. And, have also checked my SPAM folder and nothing there.

Is this something that is peculiar to my membership, or are others experiencing the same thing?

Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

I’ll check into it.

HotDawg
    Participant

Still broken as of today. Just for me, or everyone>

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

I don’t think it’s just you. I always check that box too but haven’t gotten an email since the end of October. If you use an RSS reader, you could use the forum RSS feed as an alternative.

HotDawg
    Participant

Thanks. Then it isn’t just my account. I think it stopped working about the time the software got moved from the more-down-than-up server to the present one (which seems to be solid).

Possibly there was a database of the members that was used for that feature and either it got missed, or is corrupted, so that email notifications are going to never-never land.

I’ll look into the RSS feed. I have never played with that much — guess it’s time to start.

HotDawg
    Participant

Update: It still seems broken. Is it?

EagleWolf
    Participant

OW OW OWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo
    The EagleWolf has landed.

Long time no see, but I just accidently found you guys on the air again after losing contact many years ago.

Cliff

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

Seems fixed now.

HotDawg
    Participant

Yes. It is working for me now, also.

Thanks, Nick, or the people that fixed it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.