iphone transfers

Home Forums Windows iphone transfers

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  stevenr1111 4 days, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

stevenr1111
    Participant

I think this is a racket !!! Until I did my upgrade to win 10 I had NO problem transferring photos from my iphone5s. Now it seems to be an impossible task. The phone links up just fine. I can see the folders and the photos in the folder. As soo as you activate the transfer process “it senses a problem” and stops. Tried using itunes, same results. So I went straight to icloud only to find that they do not have a bulk photo transfer option and with 1100 photos it would take me weeks. I saw that they have a software icloud package to install but when I try I get an installer error. So I tried that same software on my desktop xp and get a message it only works with 7 or greater. Anybody else want to drop kick apple products??? Anyone have a solution??

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

Apple products have a ridiculously short support cycle which is why I ended up erasing OS X on my Macbook and putting Linux on it.

The iPhone should connect without the need for any special software (via UMS or PTP), but I have connection problems sometimes with both an old Samsung phone and a second hand DSLR camera. Their USB ports (and whose idea was it to create a few dozen different shapes for mini sized USB ports?) have become worn out, so when I connect the phone or camera it works for about 20 seconds then starts giving errors. If I position the cable just right, so that it puts pressure on the connection, I can get it to stay connected long enough to transfer images.

stevenr1111
    Participant

Well I have made the assumption that the problem lies with my laptop. I connected my phone to my daughters computer which also has win 10 and it works just fine. It’s going to be a pain to identify the problem as there are no codes with the error messages, just “a problem has occurred”. I have no other apple software installed so as most of the google suggestions go there is nothing to uninstall to remove interference. I have anti virus and anti malware but I disable both before I make any attempts.

HotDawg
    Participant

Keep in mind a version of Win 10 I run may not be the version you run. When I was playing with it the updates were erratic, and the version upgrades were near impossible to coordinate on two test boxes.

And, Microsoft has had a history of both adding features, and removing them.

Maybe if you peek at the event viewer, you might find a clue there.

stevenr1111
    Participant

I solved it. I have 2 usb’s on the left of my laptop and one on the right. I tried the right one and everything worked as it should. I have no idea why the left ones don’t work as they work with everything else. Thanks for all the input.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.