Increase UI Font Size on Chrome

Home Forums Software Increase UI Font Size on Chrome

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Racerbob 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Racerbob
    Participant

I have been experimenting with a Chrome based browser called Slimjet. I am beginning to like it quite a bit as it has some features in it that Chrome does not. Such as a bookmarks side panel that I can keep docked on the left side of the browser window.

I have discovered and added a nice extension called Zoom that allows me to adjust the page size in 1% increments, and that is nice to use, but what I am currently seeking now is an extension that will allow me to increase the font size of items on the menu bar, favorites panel, etc. In other words, the font size that is used in the browser features itself.

In Firefox there is a great extension called Theme Font and Size Changer.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/theme-font-size-changer/

I am seeking a similar extension for Slimjet (Chrome). Anyone know of anything like this for Chrome ?

Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

You should be able to change the theme to one that’s got bigger fonts.

Also, in Windows, the font of the tabs and bookmarks toolbar is linked to the fonts control in “Personalize.” “Message Box” is the one that controls the font for the browser.

Racerbob
    Participant

Nick, I am running Windows 7 Pro here. I tried changing the Message Box font size with no affect in Slimjet (Chrome). I have been performing extensive searches of the net re: this issue with no easy solutions. It seems that the developers of the Chrome browser at Google are stubborn and steadfast in their ways and that they do not respond to suggestions from their customers. There may be a theme somewhere that would accomplish a font size change, but I doubt this also because theme changes are not being mentioned anywhere when I search the net for adjusting the font sizes in Chrome. I have of course searched the Chrome store for an extension such as the one I use in Firefox (Theme Font Size Changer) and so far I have come up with nothing. Thanks for your advice. If you run across anything else that I can try, please let me know.

Racerbob
    Participant

Hold on a minute here !

Nick, I got it to work. For some reason another instance of Slimjet was running … showing up in the Task Manager under processes. Once I ended the process, the text size change worked ! Nice. Thanks for the answer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.