IE and/or Firefox may not recognize CAPTCHA properly.

Home Forums The Show Discussion IE and/or Firefox may not recognize CAPTCHA properly.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Slammer 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Slammer
    Participant

FYI to all the SoundBytees’. IE and/or Firefox may not recognize CAPTCHA properly. Looks like you need to open SoundBytes with Chrome, SET-UP a new account and get your new PW. After that, the daisies bloom, your wife looks 20 years younger and a case of beer appears in the fridge.

The site looks great Nick! Good job…

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by  Slammer.
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Thanks, Slammer! I checked the site with multiple browsers, but I don’t think I tried the Captcha past just seeing it come up. I’ll see what’s up with that. Again, thanks!

Slammer
    Participant

No problem Nick;

In the wild, it launches, displays the 4 rotation bars, and, even appears to load the 4 icons(?), I simply could not see them. The script appears to be executing; but not properly. The same goes for the alternate view. Don’t tell anyone but I even went so far as to enable Java AND Flash. (I need a long hot shower now) no luck.

The sound option does function, but I could not understand it well enough for it to be a useful alternative.

PS: Minor issue… The site does not appear to condense properly in any browser thus far, I still see substantial overlap below approximately the 60% threshold. I’m sure you’ll fix that. Again, looks and feels great!

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Slammer.
    • This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Slammer.

Dan Warren
    Participant

I found it incredibly difficult to register for the new forum. It took 3 days from requesting a password till I finally got an email with a temp password. Email was marked as sent on the 22nd but did not arrive in my in box till the 25th. I was prompted to pay for a Trusted Password at SpamCaptcher. Finally Nick had to manually put in my password. I wonder how many other people are having problems?
    This is definitely not a user friendly forum. I had to hunt to find forum topics.
    At this point, I really dislike the new software.
    There should be a link at the bottom of the viewed page to take you back to the top of the forum. I should not need top use the Home key to get to the top.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Dan Warren.

gmd3006
    Participant

I gave up on trying to get past captcha with my i5 Win 8 / IE10 desktop. I could see the sliders, but not the pictures that are supposed to rotate. I just dug out my old XP / IE 8 pc, which showed captcha adequately for me to get past it. Hopefully, once registered, I’ll be able to use my new PC for routine logon…

Slammer
    Participant

It works fine in Chrome. Even if you prefer IE (Which I do) Chrome will get it done as designed. Download Chrome, set yourself up and then REVO out of Chrome. Be sure and use REVO because Chrome is the Class leader in embedding Snoopware… It’s that simple.

I have had no other opportunity to play with it because I have only seen it once (and figured it out.)

Most SoundBytes fans are running with Shields up and Phazers set on kill. It’s likely as easy as resetting your Security to Default or lower for the one session.

Nick has always been one to walk on the harry scary edge so this Security system is likely a Beta or a very new thing.

I am on allot of different message boards and participate in many different topics and interests. SoundBytes is by far one of the best in the business. Frustration with a FreeBee of this quality and value is uncalled for. Stick with it and work on it. You’ll get there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.