I'd be happier about updating if…

Home Forums Windows I'd be happier about updating if…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Racerbob 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Rev 2
    Participant

I’m going to have to stick with Windows. There’s too much stuff I have that is in Windows. People who like other OSes say that you can get whatever you want outside of Windows, but I really doubt it, unless Libre and Chrome is all you want.

But I’m getting popups all day long, every 20 or 30 minutes. That’s really rude. They’re making it like if you surrender, they’ve beaten you. They’re making it like if you surrender, they win and you lose.

Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Of course, you should stick with the operating system with which you feel most comfortable, but if Windows is annoying you that much, maybe it’s worth the effort to at least look at the alternatives to whatever software you use:

http://alternativeto.net/

Racerbob
    Participant

Thanks for that link Nick. I have bookmarked it for future reference.

Rev2. What popups are you referring to ? If you are running Windows 7, then do yourself a big favor and go and get Never10 and run it. No more nagging from Microsoft to upgrade to Windows 10. It is totally trust worthy from a very reputable source and I use it on my Windows 7 Pro machine.

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

Rev 2
    Participant

I don’t think that I said I liked or disliked Windows. What I like is the very rich selection of programs for Windows. And the history — for instance, I haven’t seen a database/mail merge program as perfectly appropriate as ACT!6, as buggy and lousy as it is. And VUMeter, which NPR really, really needs and obviously doesn’t have.

Racerbob
    Participant

Rev2, clearly I need to comprehend what I read better. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.