I want a tiny cheap player

Home Forums Hardware I want a tiny cheap player

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Nick Francesco Nick Francesco 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Rev 2
    Participant

Hello.

I’ve been using a cute little Asus eee laptop to play sound files from Audacity. It’s still cute but maybe nowadays there could be something, say, half the footprint that would do the same thing.

I have been using Windows but on account of hardware resources might consider Linux, loved by masochists everywhere. Can I use Linux without a pocket protector?

I looked at mini-pads today. That might be something. Second-hand, maybe a hundred bucks. Whatever I get has to boot right into an Audacity file in about 30 seconds, and accept pedal-generated keystrokes through USB to start, stop, and pause the track.

Are you guessing that this is for a rapper with tracks? Not that but something like it.

Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Interesting! I don’t know about the pedal part, but there are a lot of small tablets out there that run Android and are quite inexpensive. They’d be less-than-ideal for a general-use tablet, but might work out fine for a specific use like yours.

Looper makes a beatboxer’s drum machine.

But may be Source Audio Neuro is more what you want.

There’s a bunch more info at Musical Android, but some of it requires a more beefy tablet.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.