I like Windows 8

Home Forums Windows I like Windows 8

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  gmd3006 4 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

gmd3006
    Participant

A couple of months ago, I bought a new i5 desktop that came with Win 8. At first, I was confused with all the tiles, but then discovered there is a tile to open a Win XP/Vista/7 desktop. I can put all the icons I want on the desktop, just like in old Win versions.

In addition, I can add/remove all the tiles I want on the Metro tile interface. I like this, and I have more customized tiles to launch my programs than I ever had icons. And, the tiles can be arranged into categories, and the categories can be named to help me find my tiles.

Metro apps, though? except for a few simple programs, like the picture viewer, serious office work doesn’t work in Metro. But, who cares – the desktop is still there, and theat’s where serious programs ( e.g. Office ) will be run.

Can’t find something in the Control Panel ( or the control panel itself ) ? No problem – on the tile screen, just type what you want anywhere, and the OS will list all the items that fit your request with links to open them.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.