How do I remove those little link arrows on the icons in Win 10?

Home Forums Windows How do I remove those little link arrows on the icons in Win 10?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Racerbob 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Rev 2
    Participant

I’ve always been able to remove those unsightly arrows at the lower left corner of desktop icons in previous versions of Windows, but Ten stubbornly refuses to cooperate. The method that several people on the Web suggest (a new entry in the Registry) will work once or twice, and then it’ll mostly cover the icons with black squares.

Does anyone know another approach that is more better?

Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

I’m afraid that’s the only way I know of, and you’re right – it’s both ugly and not really permanent.

Racerbob
    Participant
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Right, Racerbob. That’s the same thing we’re talking about. Change the Registry. But it gives you black boxes.

Racerbob
    Participant

Oops…I need to read better.

Racerbob
    Participant

Here, this works. I just tested it.

Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10 released

Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Excellent! I was wondering when the Windows 10 version would come out!

Racerbob
    Participant

I am always on the careful side of what I download and try out. This program checked out clean or else I would not have posted it here of course. 🙂 The only thing that I have done with it do far is to test the arrow removal and yes indeed, it is working fine for that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.