Forum:14 Jun 14 – Road Runner email has had problems this week

Home Forums The Poll Discussion Forum:14 Jun 14 – Road Runner email has had problems this week

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  RChandra 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Do you get your email from Road Runner? How’s that goin’ for ya?

Racerbob
    Participant

Never use it except for receiving bill notifications and payment confirmations from Time Warner. So no problem noted here. It was one of the hot topics of discussion at the Webster,NY Facebook page, however.

I use in no special order… Outlook.com, Hotmail, GMail, GMX mail, and one Yahoo account for the NASCAR fantasy racing league I am in. I also use Thunderbird e mail program to send and receive mail from all of the above mentioned accounts except for GMail and Yahoo.

ScreenScream
    Participant

I don’t know if there’s any connection (pun) but Yahoo mail has been miserable this week as well. One of the worst weeks ever, a solid dozen times or more of not being able to access email while every other site works fine. The “is it down now” sites showing yahoo mail down constantly.

It’s always bizarre that their email has any issues at all considering how prominent they are in the business world. What a way to set your reputation; your mail is constantly down, you make constant changes to the format, anger people, and yet you’re still so many people’s home page. Yahoo has a ways to go b4 they deserve any real respect.

mycque
    Participant

I’ve been using it all week via Thunderbird and have not noticed any problems.

WayneHen
    Participant

Why would anyone use Yahoo email given its frequent security issues?

Dan Warren
    Participant

My wife and I have a total of 4 TWC email accounts. Only 1 of hers is having the problem. My 2 work just fine.

Christian
    Participant

I had Road Runner many years ago. A few months after signing up, I added the new email account (which I hadn’t yet used) to Outlook. Outlook proceeded to download 900 messages. I hope their SPAM filtering has since improved.

Ray
    Participant

Been getting a message “The RETR command did not succeed. Error retrieving a message. Mail server pop.rochester.rr.com responded: no such message.”

But we still get the mail anyway

We have the general RR which came with the package, our own RR which we use, I have my own separate RR, then 2 Gmails, and our old Frontier email, all going through Thunderbird

Not to mention 3 Icloud emails

RChandra
    Participant

Using ISP email is about as passe today as using a V.92 modem.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.