Forum: 7 Dec 2013 – Constant breaches in online systems

Home Forums The Poll Discussion Forum: 7 Dec 2013 – Constant breaches in online systems

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Christian 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Getting tired of the break-ins at every online system? What do you think is the solution?

HotDawg
    Participant

If I understood it correctly, this latest problem with Facebook, Twitter, and all the others was because of a widespread infection of personal computers with a keylogger. Not that the databases at the online system had been compromised.

Unless I got that keylogger off my system, I can’t see where changing my passwords would do much good.

And, how do I tell if I have a keylogger active? I know some firewall type programs, and maybe some mail servers, will alert you if there is an unusually high amount of outbound email — but I’m not sure if the amount of traffic a keylogger would generate would be enough to trigger such an alert.

Christian
    Participant

Getting tired of the break-ins at every online system? What do you think is the solution?

1. Stop using online systems.
    2. Prepare popcorn.

I would hope most malware scanning tools would also be searching for keyloggers, but I don’t know if they do or not.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.