Forum: 28 Jan 17 – 2016's Worst Passwords Are Just As Bad As 2015's

Home Forums The Poll Discussion Forum: 28 Jan 17 – 2016's Worst Passwords Are Just As Bad As 2015's

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Larry 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Are you on the list?

Announcing our Worst Passwords of 2016

And that’s just the top 25!

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

At this one ISP, I wanted to do something where if a user tried to change their password, it would get checked against one of these lists. For example it wouldn’t allow any of the top 500 worst. Unfortunately I left before I could implement it.

RChandra
    Participant

about as good: cr@ckm3n0w

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

about as good: cr@ckm3n0w

Maybe not on its own, but if you adhere to best practices and apply Double-ROT13 encryption to all your passwords, it should be secure.

HotDawg
    Participant

What really gets me are some sites that limit you to only letters and numbers for passwords. I have one bank that does this!

I have a routine where I can make up my passwords, based on something that I know, that will have upper and lower case letters, numbers, and other characters. Most passwords do not get reused.

Then, I know of a security camera system where the password must be 6 digits — and the password determines if the user logging in will have administrative or restricted access! Real bummer!

Larry
    Participant

I agree! I have some accounts where I’m limited. What reason do they have for limiting how you set up a password? It really bugs me!
    I use LastPass on Steve Gibson’s recommendation. I usually have LastPass Generate passwords as well as put them in SG’s “Password Haystacks”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.