Forum: 1 Feb 14 – Yahoo! mail gets hacked

Home Forums The Poll Discussion Forum: 1 Feb 14 – Yahoo! mail gets hacked

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Racerbob 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Did you get caught? How do you know?

gmd3006
    Participant

There’s no privacy on the internet anyway, so who cares?

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

Good point. If “nothing to hide, nothing to fear” applies to the NSA, why not black hats too?

I wonder if other Yahoo services like Flickr and Tumblr were affected.

Racerbob
    Participant

Doesn’t matter to me. The only info they would get is spam e mails from Yahoo in my YMail account.

ScreenScream
    Participant

I’ve used Yahoo for 15 years now and was very pleased for 13+ of those years. The past several years with the CONSTANT new formats and CONSTANT bugs have been obnoxious. I’ve bought from their advertising in the past as a “thank you,” (they have a travelocity affiliation, went on a trip once) and overall have been happy, but the bugs can def be a pain. As silly as this will sound, I wouldn’t know where else to go, cuz I def ain’t using gmail.

Oh, and P.S…my password is awesome anyway. It’s always abcdefg8. It’s the “8” that throws the hackers.

Annoyed
    Participant

Who cares? Yahoo has degraded into nothing more than an advertising delivery mechanism.

Racerbob
    Participant

My personal preference is Outlook.com for my e mail needs. I access my Outlook.com and GMX.com (ever hear of GMX ?) e mail accounts via Thunderbird. I also have a couple older Hotmail addresses, a GMail account and a Rochester.RR account that I very seldom use. I have the YMail account only for the Fantasy Racing league team that I am on during the NASCAR season. When I go to check my YMail account I never see ads there because the Adblock Plus extension in my Firefox browser takes care of that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.