Finding a backup system that works

Home Forums Windows Finding a backup system that works

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mycque 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

NemesisPDX
    Participant

I’m looking for a decent backup program (free or paid) that will work properly with the new UEFI boot sequence of today’s computer systems (I’m running Windows 8.1 Pro in a Dell XPS 8700 Special Edition – has a small 30GB SSD running in RAID with the 2TB HD for speeding up the boot up process – thus the “Special Edition” monkier).

I have used Acronis True Image 2015 to try to recover using its backup version, but that program doesn’t want to allow booting after the recovery process. I am up in arms and mad as h*** that the backups I have been creating on this system don’t work at all!

It’s required me to rebuild my computers (2 of them) from bare metal requiring a minimum of two days apiece to get them back up and limping along – much longer to finalize all the niggling configurations of all the programs that need to be installed.

Help me please to find a WORKABLE backup solution so that I can restore my systems in as little time as possible in the future. I would prefer a way to create an image file with a single differential file (updated monthly) to a NAS drive system.

Any ideas that will work would be appreciated.

PS – love your show (but miss Uncle Dave rants)

mycque
    Participant

I hear you! I used Acronis for years and all my back ups were validated. When I installed a solid state drive and tried to clone, NaDa. It wouldn’t even find the drive after I tried all their “fixes”. Hell, Windows cloning works better and its free.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.