Can't open PDF in IE10

Home Forums Software Can't open PDF in IE10

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Racerbob 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

moodyblues100
    Participant

I have a client who is having a problem opening PDF files with Adobe Reader in Internet Explorer 10 running Windows 7. This client is extremely set in his ways, so suggesting an alternate PDF reader is not an option. He would like the PDF to open in a browser window when clicked on. I have found several workarounds, none of which meets his satisfaction.

If you right click the pdf saving is an option, then you can open the file and Adobe opens up. The file will also open directly when using Firefox.

I am out of ideas. I have tried several suggested fixes, but none work. When you click on the pdf a new browser window opens with an X in the top left corner.

I have uninstalled Adobe Reader completely using Revouninstaller. I then manually removed all Adobe folders in the Apps folder and Programs folder. I also ran Glary Utilities to clean up cookies, temp files, etc. I have reset IE back to all default settings. I then reboot the computer and reinstalled Adobe Reader. I have checked ‘manage add-ons’ and Reader is set as the PDF reader.

Any additional thoughts?

Racerbob
    Participant

I found this on the net moody…worth a try ?

Close IE
    Open the registry with regedit Start -> type regedit + enter -> change “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\TabProcGrowth =1 instead of 0 .
    Reopen IE and try to open a pdf.

Also…a website to check out:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2716529/en-us

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.