Bullies and Cowards

Home Forums The Show Discussion Bullies and Cowards

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Larry 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rev 2
    Participant

I’ve long recognized the accusation of “fear” as a control technique employed by bullies, but Nick took it to a whole new level when he said “They don’t want to admit they’re cowards” about people who are perfectly satisfied with their computing environment.

You like your house. Should someone take it away because they think you need some other kind of house? You like your wife. Should someone take her away because they know of someone better?

And are you a coward if you choose to keep your house or your wife?

The world of computing has to change because companies have to make money. But just “New!” is a lousy reason to pursue anything, unless you want to close all the libraries and museums and burn all the music and movies that aren’t on the charts right now.

But that’s not the important thing. The important thing is that when evil people bully society with “Obey or you are a fearful weakling”, we are beyond screwed.

Racerbob
    Participant

Hmmmm…out of town here. Maybe I need to listen to the show sometime. Sounds like you are bringing up some important valid points.

Larry
    Participant

I missed the show last week so I don’t know the context of Nick’s statement. Calling him a bully is strong. Not sure if that’s the correct term, but hopefully you know what I mean.
    I think I understand where you are coming from. I haven’t thought about it in those terms, but if you don’t agree, you are called fearful sort of a hit on your character. Similar to being calling someone a “clock watcher” not knowing why they are. In my case at work I have deadlines to meet.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.