Backing up LG Optimus G to Google

Home Forums Android/Google Backing up LG Optimus G to Google

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Warren 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Dan Warren
    Participant

Wife and I recently upgraded to the above android phone. We were told we could back the phones to Google. Trying to figure out how to do it.
    Looking for help.

Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

What are you looking to back up? Voicemail, Contacts, Pictures, & Calendar all sync to Google+ if you’re using the default Google apps.

Dan Warren
    Participant

Joined Google+. Have been searching for where to go to back up my phone. Apps I can reload from Google. It’s contacts, etc that I want to back up.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Dan Warren.
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

If you’ve logged into Google+ from your phone, wait an hour or so, then check https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#contacts – your contacts should be there.

Dan Warren
    Participant

Don’t know if this is a problem. When I first linked my play store and apps, I linked them to a yahoo mail address in google. Not sure if that makes sense to you. But all my apps for my phone, the wife’s and my tablet are linked to dwarrenrph@yahoo.com. Would changing the address to a gmail as the link you gave me prompts me to do, mess things up?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Dan Warren.

Racerbob
    Participant

dwarren2, this should make no difference. Link to Google+ from your phone and your contacts will automatically be backed up.

Dan Warren
    Participant

How do I link to Google+ from my phone?

Racerbob
    Participant

Use your GMail address to sign up for Google+.

Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

You should be able to add multiple accounts. Just add your Google+ account, and it should sync.

Dan Warren
    Participant

To close this out, I finally figured out how to do it. Was able to back up the app data from both our phones and my tablet to google+

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.