Avast and Firefox not playing nice?

Home Forums Software Avast and Firefox not playing nice?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Christian 3 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ray
    Participant

Today….

Anyone else having this issue?

I updated Avast to the new version as it requested. Then for some reason, it installed two other things that in no way did I see an option to install or not install. One was something called Dropbox which I uninstalled with Revo

But the problem now, and I see this on other forums when I googled it is Avast has done something with Firefox where upon opening Firefox, a new tab opens under the site name http://aos.avast.com/upgrade/2006

something about protecting from phishing and other online security with the suggestion to opt out and change in settings which when tried does not work…
    OK update….I looked into FIrefox extensions/add ons and found something Avast put there…I disabled it and problem seems gone now, but still…..is this something new or flaky?

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by  Ray.

Christian
    Participant

I’ve found that a few of my extensions open some kind of informational tab whenever Firefox gets restarted, so I think that’s not unusual. I can’t comment about Avast specifically because I don’t run anti-virus.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.