Acer R-11 Chromebook Battery Problems

Home Forums Hardware Acer R-11 Chromebook Battery Problems

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  redcliff 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

redcliff
    Participant

I am wondering if there are any other owners of an Acer R-11 Chromebook that is having this problem. Back in September after one of the updates, my Acer R-11 stopped charging the battery to full capacity. Or at least it does not indicate that it is full. I sent the Chromebook back to Acer in November and they replaced the battery. However the same problem has continued. In fact each time I recharge, it stops charging at a lower percentage. It has gone from stopping at 91% to 58%. I contacted Acer at the end of November and they said this is a known soft ware problem and it should be fixed in 4 to 6 weeks. I called last week and asked if there had been a fix and I was told no, but not to worry that this is happening to all their R-11s and that my battery is fully charging each time, even if the Chromebook does not indicate that fact. I’m wondering if there is anybody else out there that is experiencing this also.

HotDawg
    Participant

I don’t have the hardware to check, but:

Do you have any feel for how fully the battery is being charged?

If it reports as being only 58% charged, what kind of life are you getting out of that charge compared to when the thing was new?

redcliff
    Participant

HotDawg, I’m not really sure. As I am writing this post, I have been running on the battery for about 45 minutes. The battery indicator is at 45% and says there is 5 hours left. When I started this session the battery indicator stated it was at 58% and there was 6 hours of battery life. I have never run this chromebook on battery alone more than two or three hours. I’m usually done with whatever I am doing by then and then I plug it back in. It could be that the battery is fully charging. But with out any indication, either by light that is supposed to turn from orange to blue when it is fully charged, or by the read out on the monitor, it is quite frustrating. Especially when the read out keeps indicating that it is not charging as much as the time before.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.