9 May 15 – No More Patch Tuesday

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 9 May 15 – No More Patch Tuesday

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Nick Francesco Nick Francesco 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Windows is getting something Linux has had for decades – constant, incremental upgrades. This is both good and bad, of course.

http://goo.gl/PJmEiE

What do you think?

Racerbob
    Participant

I think that this is a good thing. Next question ? 🙂

HotDawg
    Participant

That sounds like good — as long as they don’t do the random reboots on a computer when they feel like it. I still think it was my money that bought this computer, and it should be mine to control.

Better yet, why not get the software done right in the first place? So many of the exploits out there have to do with buffer overruns and accessing memory where it shouldn’t be modified. Back in my other life, it seems the Microsoft C compiler had an option where code would be checked for running off the end of a buffer. Doesn’t Microsoft use their own compilers?

ScreenScream
    Participant

But will these constant upgrades work on the black or tanned and those with tattoos?

Did they check?

Annoyed
    Participant

That sounds like good — as long as they don’t do the random reboots on a computer when they feel like it. I still think it was my money that bought this computer, and it should be mine to control.

No, you’ve misunderstood the situation. While it was indeed your money that bought the computer, it is actually controlled by the advertising and marketing industries. You see, you bought it so that you would have a device to view advertising on.

Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

I agree with HotDawg. It’s my money, it’s my computer, and it’s my right to put Linux on it. Which I did.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.