9 January 16 – US Internet providers fail FCC's annual broadband test

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 9 January 16 – US Internet providers fail FCC's annual broadband test

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Christian Christian 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Not me – I have Greenlight! Woo-hoo!

Racerbob
    Participant

The Greenlight district we live in is currently at 24% of the goal. Hoping that before the year is over that we will get to see the speed that you are seeing Nick.

HotDawg
    Participant

Well, Greenlight told me they would be in my neighborhood the 2nd half of 2015. Currently nothing even listed for my town, and if they are doing anything here, they must be doing it with their invisibility cloaks on.

At my summer outpost tho, all I have is dial-up — and that gives me 24k on good days. No DSL, cable, or even cell service. No satellites even visible from my location.

ScreenScream
    Participant

We were on Time Warner but they were over-charging and playing with our bill for so long, that we left them six months ago and are using (a competitor) and now DSL.

The speed seems basically the same, with about $40 cost savings.

HOWEVER, upload time is unquestionably slower. I do youtube vids every now and then, and the last 14 minute vid I uploaded took many hours, which is obnoxious. And it happens every time.

On top of that, the service has gone down on three occasions so far, with one time (during the first month) being down for a full five days…which is intolerable…but hasn’t happened since.

Shut up Nick.

;p

Racerbob
    Participant

I will tell you what…Frontier could save a lot of money by NOT sending me something in the mail every two weeks trying to get me to get their shoddy internet service from them. I see anywhere from 34 to 37 Mbps download and a good 6 to 7 Mbps upload here on Time Warner Extreme Level service since TW over provisioned the lines last year. Why would i want to go to a very questionable 6/1 service from what I have right now ? My $10 deposit has been paid for Greenlight. Frontier, please stop. Just stop.

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

Criteria for a new house now includes access to Greenlight.

Racerbob
    Participant

Greenlight’s current list of under construction and current planned neighborhoods where people can pay their $10 deposit to sign up for service. If you live in a non-Greenlight district area, go to their site anyway and add your location and e mail to their list because they base where they are going to establish districts based on general interest from those neighborhoods.

https://greenlightnetworks.com/expansion-plans

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

Yeah but it’s a bit discouraging if your area isn’t even listed yet. By the time they get to you it could be time to move to Florida 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.