8 Jun 13 – Would you buy groceries from Amazon?

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 8 Jun 13 – Would you buy groceries from Amazon?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Racerbob 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Just one more reason to never leave the house.

HotDawg
    Participant

I don’t think so. I like to check the food over a little. I don’t buy dented cans, I pick the bag of salad with the most distant “use by” date, and so on. Not sure if I could do any of that with Amazon.

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

Here’s the thing about those discount suppliers. They don’t care. They come in, they undercut everything, and they run us out of business, and then, once we’re all gone, they jack up the prices.

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

I’ve bought a few food items from Amazon such as chocolate and coffee. But fresh produce? I prefer to source that from local farms. I hope Amazon don’t expand so much that their core business suffers. A few formerly favorite businesses of mine underwent large expansion then quickly folded.

RChandra
    Participant

I really don’t care from where my Cheerios (for example) come. They’re all ultimately from General Mills, and it doesn’t much matter who gets them from GM to me. The critical difference would be shelf life. If it’s in terms of days or weeks, I want to buy locally. If it’s a year or more, Amazon should be fine.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  RChandra.

Jim
    Participant

If it’s a non-perishable, good price and shows up free of shipping costs at my door, why not. Danny gets most of my grocery money but there are times when I need a couple things that are not worth the trip. I’m sure I’ll use it more when I’m older or if I ever get really sick again. $80 for Amazon Prime shipping seemed steep at first but We use the video streaming all the time.

Racerbob
    Participant

Yes, of course we would buy certain grocery items from Amazon. We are anxiously waiting for the Super WalMart to get built out here in Webster because we will shop there also for groceries. Competition never hurts anyone and ultimately, the consumer comes out on top….even if it is just a little bit on top. Helps to keep Danny honest too ! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.