7 Jan 17 – Apple’s profit slump means a pay cut for Tim Cook

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 7 Jan 17 – Apple’s profit slump means a pay cut for Tim Cook

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Racerbob 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

A company that actually links it’s CEO’s compensation to performance? Outrageous!

Or, actually, kind of refreshing!

Racerbob
    Participant

I love the who cares choice. How much of a pay cut in $$$ millions did he get ?

Oh, I found it… “The iPhone maker cut Cook’s pay by 15% last year to $8.7 million….”

How is he ever going to survive on only $8.7 million ?? He might have to get a part time job maybe.

Yes, I know, I am missing the point, but the point is that these execs are making way too much money for the work that they do.

ScreenScream
    Participant

Loved the “Who Cares” choice as well, I chose it.

A substantial portion of Apple’s success was based on building a group of users dedicated to their cause of feeling like they were stolen from by a competitor, and in turn using that devotion as a justifiable excuse to jack up prices obnoxiously over their competitor to garner the continued backwards approval of their devotees via their willingness to pay those ridiculous prices.

And now the leader takes a pay cut to “prove” his allegedly honorable position of passion in serving those devotees.

A sort of proof-of-cult, proof-of-importance, for beloved and whining geeks everywhere.

Grow up.

It’s called capitalism. I’ve seen zero evidence your product is better than your direct competitors, nor warrants those silly prices.

Not that I don’t have a seething dislike for both of these conglomerates.

Sorry to those I offended.

Sort of.

Racerbob
    Participant

Ah yes…the price of Apple products. Sigh. Another reason as to why I would never, ever consider having a Mac.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.