6 May 17 – Windows 10 S is Coming!

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 6 May 17 – Windows 10 S is Coming!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  redcliff 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

It’s a Chromebook wannabe. Think they’ll take the crown?

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

It’s like a race to see who can create the least powerful operating system 🙂

RChandra
    Participant

He who hesitates is lost.

It’s like introducing a new search engine. Even if this hypothetical startup had a 100G connection (very expensive at that), the number of pages already indexed by Microsoft, Yahoo!, and Google is almost unthinkably large, and would take years at full bore to retrieve. (Is there anyone else even remotely close?)

Point is, Google has such a lead with Chrome(book|boxe|base)s that it’s going to be nearly impossible to compete. I’d like to know what the compelling reason is to go Microsoft. After all, it’s….Microsoft…the same folks who, it’s been revealed, will give up your cookies and credentials (in Edge, as heard on “Security Now!” episode 610), and won’t let you use any other browser except Edge on your machine (as related on PCWorld)

Larry
    Participant

Chromebooks forever baby!!
    Loving mine since 2012. I may buy a new one though.

redcliff
    Participant

Chromebooks forever also. I am one of those people that only gets to hear the show through the archives. (yes, I am a member of Jazz 90.1). I was listening today and wanted to throw in my two cents about Chromebooks that can run Android apps. I have a Acer R-11 that I bought about two months ago. It is has a touch screen and can convert to a tablet. It also runs the same Android apps that my Android phone runs. I love it and would recommend it to anybody that want’s to get a Chromebook.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.