4 Jun 16 – 642 Million Passwords Hacked This Week

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 4 Jun 16 – 642 Million Passwords Hacked This Week

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rev 2 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Another week, another 642 million passwords… When was the last time you changed yours?

HotDawg
    Participant

I’ve got so many, I can’t remember. (How many ways can you spell “password”?)

Actually, with the widespread hacking, we need something a little more secure. And, to be practical, that has to be some way of identifying me as a legitimate user, but allowing me to delegate that authority to someone else, should I need to.

And, where are the system administrators that should be watching their servers? It would seem simple monitoring tools should show up activities that are not legitimate.

Side note: The follow-up replies via email still are not working.

Christian
    Participant

>passwords hacked from MySpace and Tumblr

No one should be on those two sites in the first place 🙂

At least remember to have different passwords for all your accounts. Having a different username for each account might also help limit the damage.

Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

I think we need to stop focusing on MySpace and think about the fact that many people haven’t changed their passwords since they were on MySpace, and what about the fact that one of the places hit was LInkedIn? Forget MySpace – it’s about good password management!

Christian
    Participant

Rev 2
    Participant

I have eleven printed pages of small-font lines of passwords. Let’s say maybe average 35 entries a page, that’s 385 passwords.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.