4 Jan 14 – The NSA can snoop everything in your iPhone

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 4 Jan 14 – The NSA can snoop everything in your iPhone

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Christian Christian 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

DROPOUTJEEP is a software implant for the Apple iPhone that utilizes modular mission applications to provide specific SIGINT functionality. This functionality includes the ability to remotely push/pull files from the device. SMS retrieval, contact list retrieval, voicemail, geolocation, hot mic, camera capture, cell tower location, etc. Command, control and data exfiltration can occur over SMS messaging or a GPRS data connection. All communications with the implant will be covert and encrypted.

HotDawg
    Participant

Well, since I don’t have an iPhone, I guess that puts me in the “I don’t care” group, although I really do care.

If the NSA really does have records of every phone call made, then why can’t we get that information put to good use and go after telemarketers?

I can’t tell from my caller ID who the caller really is — but the NSA should be able to tell who called me. Seems like all they would need would be my phone number and the approximate time of the call.

Since I’m on the DNC, every telemarketer that calls is breaking the law, and that should justify the use of those records to fine these <deleted> people and help balance the budget.

ScreenScream
    Participant

Great point regarding telemarketers. Fact is, all calls CAN be traced, the govt and corporations simply choose not to do anything about it. My guess would be there is still a significant enough amount of sales being done via telemarketers that govt will not interfere with it; it may disrupt the economy, and they will pretty much not touch anything that would mess with commerce substantially.

Other than that, it shocks and disappoints me how many people in the poll don’t really care. Welcoming with open arms Police State America. May your chains lay lightly folks!

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

I’m unhappy, but unphased. What realistically can be done? If we can’t reign-in the TSA, which creates a much more tangible problem, and one that many people have actually had to deal with face to face, who’s going to support going after the NSA who’s injustices are unseen?

If you value your privacy, the only solution for now seems to be limiting the amount of data you produce. I’m more worried about when the generating of data becomes mandatory. Have you been hearing about proposals for a per-mile vehicle tax? I’m assuming that newer cars with be mandated to come with some kind of location tracking device.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.