30 Nov 2013: Computer Security Day!

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 30 Nov 2013: Computer Security Day!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Racerbob 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

So… how often DO you dance The Security Tango?

HotDawg
    Participant

I very seldom run the full Tango. Only if I think there may be a problem caused by something bad.

I like to try and run a tight ship — keep things out that I don’t want. A couple times I have installed a program that really screwed the system up. Then it is time for a dance, just to make sure there wasn’t something lurking deep in the inner bowels of the machine.

And, I have learned in those cases to make sure that going back to a restore point hasn’t corrected my problem. Even if it does, then it it time for the Tango! But, since the Tango requires deleting restore points, once they are gone, if they would have solved the problem, then that is one more bridge that got burned.

Racerbob
    Participant

I must confess…Never. So Never should have been a choice. I can’t vote this week as there is not a good answer for me. But I do know what the Tango is, so I can’t play dumb and choose the last answer. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.