3 May 14 – Are You Still Using XP? How About IE?

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 3 May 14 – Are You Still Using XP? How About IE?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Christian 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Yes, Microsoft updated XP. But that doesn’t mean you should keep it!

If you’re still using either, what makes you so reluctant to upgrade?

HotDawg
    Participant

I have XP in a virtual machine sandbox — from time to time I run into things where it is best.

Never have been a lover of IE! But, you do get forced into it at times. Remember the Fast Ferry? To order tickets online (the only way I think), you had to be running IE. I have a security camera system and in order to view it you must run IE, and in compatibility mode at that. And for some functions you have to be running IE as an administrator.

But, I only run IE if I really have to! Here it’s Firefox, Chrome, and Pale Moon.

Christian
    Participant

Still no luck getting certain family members to replace their old XP machine. Is there some scary article I can forward? Any other advice to convince them?

I’ve offered to build and set up a new computer. I think they realize that even then, they’ll have to re-install a bunch of programs, buy new copies of others, and redo other things that can’t be kept during a Windows upgrade.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.