3 Dec 16 – Have you been called by a Windows scammer?

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 3 Dec 16 – Have you been called by a Windows scammer?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  gmd3006 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

It’s happening more and more.

HotDawg
    Participant

I don’t know! I only answer calls where the caller-ID shows something that I suspect is legitimate.

I would assume that Microsoft would have their name displayed in the Caller-ID. Have not had any of those.

But, I never gave Microsoft my phone number, so how would they be able to call me?

Racerbob
    Participant

I only answer my cell if I know who it is that is calling me. All other calls go to voice mail if they care to leave a message. Spammers rarely, if ever, leave me a message. LOL I also have a Google Voice number that is tied in with my cell phone and that number is usually the number that I provide to people that I am not close friends with.

redcliff
    Participant

I’ve been called by these guys and the “IRS”. I love to play with them for a few minutes. I ask them what I have to do to fix this and somewhere along the line I tell them that my computer is from work so they need to talk to the IT people there. I then ask them to call me in the morning, at my office, at the Monroe County Department of Law. They always hang up before I can give them the phone number.

NemesisPDX
    Participant

I’m a support technician and personally have had 4 calls within the last three months. I report the phone number to the FTC every time at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

gmd3006
    Participant

I’ve received 1 call from “Microsoft support” and several from the IRS. I toy with them for a few minutes ’til I get bored, then I tell them I have to put ’em on hold for a minute. Of course, I never pick it up again…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.