29 June 2013 – Is your smartphone making you wussy?

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 29 June 2013 – Is your smartphone making you wussy?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  J.D. Gallaway 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Does screen size matter?

RChandra
    Participant

It matters for usability. The larger the screen, the less ambiguous are the touches. It’s just one of those sweetspot things, where something like my Nexus 7 (were it a phone too) is most likely too big for almost everyone (except maybe for people like Richard Kiel or Yao Ming), but the original iPhone is a bit small (except for maybe people like Verne Troyer).

Me, I don’t even have a smartphone, just a flip phone to phone AAA or 9-1-1 to get me out of trouble.

J.D. Gallaway
    Participant

Same here, I just got a new samsung flipphone when my old samsung flipphone died after three and a half years… who’d have known that sweat from mowing the lawn in 105* sun would cause the phone to fry?

I personally have this thing about putting all my eggs in one basket. So I keep my stuff separate. A phone, a tablet for music & silly games, a laptop for mobile computering a powerful desktop for my main hardcore computing. My hexcore PhenomII is pumping out data for BOINC right now. Even running windows 8, two cores is more than enough to handle what I need and still allow me to donate cycle to SETI and other science projects.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.