28 Dec 13 – Target lost 40 million customer credit cards!

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 28 Dec 13 – Target lost 40 million customer credit cards!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Christian Christian 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Target May Be Liable For Up To $3.6 Billion From Credit Card Data Breach! Were you one of them?

RChandra
    Participant

Can’t say I’ve been to Target recently, so I’m likely not affected. I don’t have anything against them, I’ve shopped there dozens of times, just not lately.

Oh, and like Columbo, one more thing…can we all please realize that “PIN” stands for “personal identification number,” and try NOT to say “PIN number?” It’s not a number for another number!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  RChandra.

Annoyed
    Participant

I havn’t shopped at Target in a long time (it’s too damned frustrating getting in and out of their parking lot) so I wasn’t affected.

But what I’d like to know is when the hell are retailers going to be forced to bear the full costs of their data breaches? Giving customers 10% off doesn’t cut the mustard.

The retailer or business involved should be required to provide free identity protection service that covers all costs (time & money) for anyone affected by the breach for a period of 10 years or something like that. And I mean THEY spend the hours on the phones with various companies, banks and whatnot, not the ID theft victim.

Until we have a business that is driven out of business complying with these requirements, there will be no incentive for proper security to be maintained.

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

I tried about 10 times to post a longer reply here but it won’t show up for some reason. I was trying to say something about there being no legal concept of “computer malpractice” although it’s been tried several times.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.