25 May 13 Windows 8 Users Snub Metro Apps

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 25 May 13 Windows 8 Users Snub Metro Apps

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Racerbob 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

To Metro or not to Metro. What is your answer?

Racerbob
    Participant

I cannot answer this poll question. I neither love or hate Metro. Metro apps are for the most part nice to use, but love is too strong of a word. How about “like” and “dislike” or “they are just ok” being added to the question ?

Dave_M
    Participant

I not only snub the Windows 8 Metro apps, I snub Windows 8 entirely.
    And I’m not the only one. While apparently very technically sound, the interface for Windows 8 is just so bad that it’s keeping many users (me among them) from adopting it because it is just so un-intuititve.

As is evidenced by many reports that they will be releasing an “update” that will bring back the start menu perhaps Microsoft is finally hearing the voice of the customer.

I might even give it a shake if that happens.

This OS seems to follow the ‘every other Microsoft OS is a POS’ rule.

Racerbob
    Participant

One more time. Classic Shell. Instead of being so critical of and harping on something that can be remedied very easily and for free, people should explore the options available and Classic Shell is one of the very best options. It allows you to have the very best of both worlds. It is so simple to install that even a caveman could do it. Windows 8 is rock solid steady and a great operating system. Stable as heck. Notice the Apps in my start menu ? I can access any of the Metro Apps right from my conventional start menu that I prefer using. Do not look for much from Microsoft when the start button returns. I have heard that it may not be a full featured start menu. For those that are going to cry and moan about this, I suggest Classic Shell or staying with Windows 7 and not being able to use all of the very many apps available for Windows 8.

Screen Cap

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

RChandra
    Participant

Uhhh…”Metro?” Didn’t Metro AG assert their trademark? Are we still referring to a particular incarnation of the Windows OS as “Longhorn?” Is it so difficult to type and say “Modern UI?” Idunno…maybe de facto Metro AG will (lamentably) lose its trademark in the context of OS feature nomenclature.

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

This seems an appropriate thread to re-post a video from the old forums.
    http://youtu.be/WTYet-qf1jo

* The above video is for entertainment purposes only and does not necessary reflect the opinions of the poster.

Dave_M
    Participant

Christian….I love that video….thanks for reposting 🙂
    Bob…I get it…you love it…I hate it. I REFUSE to put a bandaid on something that’s clearly broken. For me, Windows 7 is a fantastic OS…clearly not broken, therefore, I have NO REASON to give Micro$haft more of my $$ for their POS OS. Simple as that.
    Just because I can get a free bandaid for something won’t EVER make me adopt it.
    And….in case you haven’t noticed….I’m not in the minority.

Racerbob
    Participant

I do not pay attention to minorities or majorities. Windows 8 blows 7 away in boot time and shut down time and is not the monster that people make it out to be. The apps that are available… some 70,000 or so right now, are nice to have and useful and most are free. It opens up a whole new world of information for me. I do not call Classic Shell a band aid. I call it an add on. No big deal. Windows 8 is fine. Hate is way too strong of a word.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.