24 Jan 15 – The Windows 10 Preview is Available

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 24 Jan 15 – The Windows 10 Preview is Available

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ScreenScream 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Have you downloaded it? What do you think?

HotDawg
    Participant

Gee, your poll answers don’t have any provision for anyone that have already been playing with it.

It is looking more like Win 7 than Win 8, which is good. But, it appears that Micros**t is going to be giving it away for free, to suck in more users I guess — then make their money on selling apps, and probably on a subscription basis.

They just assume everyone has a wide-open internet connection, and that really isn’t true. How do you the cloud services when you can’t connect outside your house?

And, they still are on the kick of changing things simply so you will need to be aware that they changed something. Bring up the Task Manager as an example.

For me, the jury is still out — but I still like my Win 7.

Racerbob
    Participant

Yes, I cannot answer this poll as there is no good answer for me. I just installed Windows 10 Preview into a VM tonight. Haven’t played with it all that much yet.

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

It has a start menu!

They also finally decided, after 30 years, to borrowed Unix’s workspace feature 🙂

ScreenScream
    Participant

I’ll assume people are saying they have returned the Start “BUTTON,” in the lower left of the desktop.

If so, great.

I just bought a new puter last month, as well as a year ago now, both Win 7. Will not touch any of the 8 stuff for as long as 7 is available.

As long as 10 (where’s 9?) is like 7, great…if there is pretty much ANY learning curve at all, I will instead learn Linux.

Why?

Because I don’t have the time or patience at my middle age (that much closer to death, I need every spare second I have) to learn new OP’s every other year, and it seems like Linux maintains a similar work environment on an on-going basis because they, unlike microsh*t, DOES understand that people don’t have time to cater to programmers-who-don’t-understand-end-users-and-don’t-care-about-end-users new-non-user-friendly and unfamiliar interface. (sigh)

(Steps off soapbox, seriously considering just going poor and buying Apple so I don’t have to deal with this crap)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.