22 Oct 16 Massive web attacks briefly knock out top sites

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 22 Oct 16 Massive web attacks briefly knock out top sites

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Racerbob 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Wasn’t as bad as it could have been – were you affected?

Racerbob
    Participant

I cannot vote because there is no choice there for me, but these attacks happened three separate times yesterday and it is indeed troublesome because there is a school of thought that this was just a dress rehearsal for more similar attacks to come. I first read reports of this yesterday morning on the breakingnews.com website that I check often during the day.

ScreenScream
    Participant

I think we all have to assume that something substantial will happen at some point.

Wouldn’t it be neat if youtube for example, was completely wiped out, forcing them to start with a fresh slate and everyone’s content had an equal chance of getting on the first page of their search engine results?

I don’t think I’d be the least bit unhappy if we had a monumental and total purge of the online world. I really don’t think I would be.

I’d love to be able to reinvent Rick-Rolling on youtube. That’s where I’d start.

Racerbob
    Participant

“Wouldn’t it be neat if youtube for example, was completely wiped out, forcing them to start with a fresh slate and everyone’s content had an equal chance of getting on the first page of their search engine results?”

No. I subscribe to certain channels on YouTube and I would hate to see their content wiped out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.