19 Mar 16 – Microsoft is upgrading people to Windows 10 without permission

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 19 Mar 16 – Microsoft is upgrading people to Windows 10 without permission

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Rev 2 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Are you even surprised?

HotDawg
    Participant

Didn’t I grant that permission when I installed XP?

I did just check my Win 7 updates, and the pending update to Win 10 that I prevously hid has disappeared. On the Win 8.1 box there is a “Recommended” update to Win 10, with the check box prechecked (that I can’t clear). But, the line is sort of greyed out, and there is a notation that it has to be run from the desktop — whatever that means.

On both of those machines I no longer permit automatic updates, not that it would stop the people that think they own my computer.

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

Everyone loves to bitch about Windows, but has its market share really changed in the last decade? It seems like for those 90% percent of desktop users, there’s honestly nothing Microsoft could do that would make them switch.

WayneHen
    Participant

Yes, this forced upgrade takes things way over the line! While I love Windows 10, I am beyond annoyed. I have a machine that is not compatible with Windows 10 and it still insists on installing!

If your efforts fail to block the upgrade, like it did on my old laptop, i suggest reading all dialog boxes carefully.

Here is a link to the misleading dialog box I mentioned on the call: https://twitter.com/AndrewZarian/status/705589001558880260/photo/1

You need to read the fine print and click on the “Click here to change upgrade schedule or cancel scheduled upgrade.”

WayneHen
    Participant

Larry
    Participant

No I am not surprised!
    “You poor, sad, Windows sheeple.” Loving my Chromebook even more!!!

Rev 2
    Participant

Chromebook my dupa. The accumulated volume and variety of usable Windows programs is unlikely to be duplicated by anyone else any time soon.

Not even to mention that everything you have is parked in Google’s garage.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.