18 May 13 – Google I/O's Many Announcements

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 18 May 13 – Google I/O's Many Announcements

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Christian Christian 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

What do you think of all the announcements from Google’s “I/O” developer’s conference?

Annoyed
    Participant

I really don’t give a hoot about anything Google does. I do not trust them, period.

Granted, they have what is probably the best search service on the ‘net, but that is the extent to which I’ll use their services. And that’s only for something I don’t care who might be getting reports on what I’m doing. If I’m doing anything that I’m at all concerned about, I’ll use something else.

Regarding your own constant coverage and praise (idolization?) of the company, one has to wonder if there is any unseen incentive for this behavior. There’s drinking the kool-aid and then there’s drowning in it. I think it might be time to come up for air. =)

Christian
    Christian
    Participant

While I don’t enjoy the constant coverage of Google, I think the issue goes beyond Soundbytes. Another computer show I listen to has also gradually shifted from focusing on PCs to mobile devices. While it hasn’t been a part of these shows in the past, it’s what everyone is focusing on right now. Currently the market is either Google (Android/Linux) or Apple(iOS). Personally, I’m holding out for commodity phone hardware which can support generic GNU/Linux with no binary blobs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.