18 July 15 – Windows 10 Updates Can't Be Stopped

Home Forums The Poll Discussion 18 July 15 – Windows 10 Updates Can't Be Stopped

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Racerbob 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nick Francesco
    Nick Francesco
    Keymaster

Christian
    Participant

What if you block access to the windows update website in your hosts file? Will Windows self-destruct?

ScreenScream
    Participant

In that case I’m REEEELY glad I didn’t load it yet…and will pass on doing so for as long as I can, or at least until I figure out how to use Ubunto.

Racerbob
    Participant

Put me in the category of someone who is not concerned about this. A example of an update being installed automatically and locking up your computer was mentioned on the show today. Well that could happen just as easily no matter if we get it manually or if it comes in automatically.

HotDawg
    Participant

The automatic updates don’t bother me, except when they trigger a ‘must reboot’ situation, and then do that without asking. Looks like the new 10 will give you a couple day window for the rebooting if you want.

Racerbob
    Participant

As long as Microsoft doesn’t get bold enough to change my default program preferences…such as the fact that I do not use their media player in favor of the VLC player. They can update all they want, but do not change my system settings.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.